Synthetics are artificial lifeforms with simulated intelligence created by corporations like SynTek and Telic. Syntek recently requested that the Interstellar Alliance give them permission to construct and deploy "military droids" to protect their corporate interests. Currently only the IAF has the right to deploy military droids, and they do so on remote worlds, and with minimum civilian exposure.
- Android: an artificial lifeform that is superficially indistinguishable from humanity.
- Mechanoid: a traditional robot sometimes called a "droid", a runaway military class SynTek mechanoid on Rosebloom Pleasure World killed over a million tourists.
- S-300 Scavenger series droid: a reprogrammed military android illegally used in SynTek chemical processing facilities.
- Telic-Matsumoto WarBot: the AKIRA system Warbot was designed by Telic to replace SynTek's automated sentry series, it uses a fifty megawatt pulsed frequency laser. (EFR Campaign)
SynTek calls for reevaluation of mechanoid assault droid lawsEdit
"After losing control of yet another mining/refinery plant on the outlying worlds, the SynTek Megacorporation is calling for the Interstellar Alliance to reevaluate its laws on military androids. Law currently prohibits any non-IAF party from manufacturing or deploying mechanoids capable of harming biological lifeforms and even the IAF has only used its military droids on remote worlds with minimum civilian exposure." "These tight laws have been in place since the Rosebloom Pleasure World Massacre of '84, in which a single malfunctioning droid destroyed the Starport and communications array, then systematically killed over a million tourists before it was disabled by a group of IAF marines on shore leave."
SynTek accused of Droid Law violations 12/19/52Edit
"An anonymous source recently contacted the IA with supposed proof that the SynTek Megacorporation is using reprogrammed military androids in some of its chemical facilities. If the allegations are true, SynTek would be in violation of not just military law, but also several employment laws." "The source has also accused SynTek of using an S-300 Scavenger series droid, a highly unreliable model reserved for use by the IAF on remote planets far from possible civilian contact." "A SynTek spokesman has commented on the allegations, stating 'These rumours are completely false. No one would want to get near an S-300 after the Rosebloom Pleasure World Massacre in '36. SynTek's Robotics division follows the IA standards to the letter.'" "SynTek closed several of their chemical facilities shortly after the accusations came to light, claiming no connection to the allegations, but citing reasons of normal obsolescence."
- Valve used the equally valid term "mechanoid" as the default, because the term "Droid" is patented by Lucasfilm.
- Either there were two separate Rosebloom Pleasure World Massacres, one in 2184 and then another in 2236, or they threw out some of the continuity they wrote in the original mod.
|Bloodhound • Hypersleep • Phalanx Space Station • Starship • Synthetics • Titanic • USS Actaeon • USS Endurance|
|Paradise Supplies • Spacefarer Inc. • Syntek • Telic • United Industries|