The marines are the playable characters in Alien Swarm. They all have different skill sets based on their class that differentiate between each marine. Additionally there are some non-playable characters ingame too.
The Officer uses Officer Skills, and applies damage and defense buffs to nearby squadmates. They are harder to kill than some marines.
The Special Weapons marine uses Special Weapons Skills and has a higher overall damage capability. They are good at mowing down swarms.
Alien Swarm 2K4 NotesEdit
In the original Unreal Tournament 2004 mod some things were different.
- Officers were Explosives marines
- Special Weapons were Special Weapons Marines
- Medics were Medical Officers
- Technical Specialists were Technical Marines.
- IAF was named ISAF.
- The Allied Systems from the original game later became one half of the Interstellar Alliance alongside the Core Systems.
- All characters remain the same in the Valve version, except for Flynn who was replaced by Vegas.
- In the original game, Williams was a black Android.
|Campaigns • Characters • Enemies • Equipment • Promotions • Skills • Weapons|
Background • Challenges • Console • Difficulty • Experience • Server setup • Speed running • Steam achievements • Strategy