Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Damage per shot||105|
|Rate of fire||1.5 / sec.|
|Reload speed||2.8 sec.|
|Capacity||14 x 6|
|Alternate fire||5 Incendiary Grenades|
|Notes||High Damage, Close Range|
The M42 Vindicator is the first available shotgun in Alien Swarm. It is available at the start but only to Officers. It fills the typical role of close-combat sweeping and features an excellent amount of stopping power coupled with a faster firing rate than the Model 35 Pump-action Shotgun.
- High stopping power
- Large magazine and ammo capacity
- Alt-fire incendiary grenades
- Ineffective at range
The M42 Vindicator is a pneumatic assisted pump-action shotgun with a dual, selective magazine system. IAF standard ammunition loadout provides for 12-gauge rounds in one magazine and a number of timed incendiary grenades in the other. The Vindicator is only issued to NCO rank marines.
- Do not underestimate the Vindicator's stopping power. On most difficulty levels, a close-range blast will kill a Drone or a Ranger - and often one or two more nearby aliens, due to the spread. This is perfect for an Officer taking the point position.
- The Vindicator can be fired fast enough to kill targets at long range, but this tactic is not recommended because of the amount of ammunition it consumes.
- The incendiary grenades add a potent tactical option. The fiery explosion and subsequent afterburn is perfect for weakening or killing a pack. On the higher difficulty levels, the combination of an incendiary grenade followed by one or two blasts from the Vindicator itself is more than capable of defeating a charge.
- Line up several Drones before taking a shot if possible. This conserves ammo and allows you to kill more than one enemy at once.