|IAF Tesla Sentry Coil|
|Notes||Stuns In Radius|
The IAF Tesla Sentry Coil is an unlockable loadout item that stuns and damages nearby enemies until it depletes its ammo, at which point it self-destructs. This item unlocks at level 12.
- Stuns and slows affected enemies
- Great for setting up a defensive position
- Explodes when out of charges instead of powering down, killing any nearby Swarm
- Relatively low damage
- Cannot be moved once placed
Self assembles into active defense, and self destructs when out [of] power. Pulses high voltage arcs to stun nearby Swarm.
- Tesla Coils are extremely useful in conjunction with sentry guns when guarding an area. The Coils can be placed in a Sentry's blind spots, allowing players to take cover behind said Sentry, picking off any enemies that the Sentry can't see at their leisure.
- Coils are highly effective against multiple large enemies, particularly Shieldbugs. Coils will keep them stunned in one location, allowing you to slip past them or finish them off with ease.
- You can help Tesla Coils conserve their ammo by shooting tougher enemies instead of waiting for the Coil to kill them on its own.
- Dropping a Tesla Coil while on the move can stop attacks from the rear much faster than welding a door.