Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A fast reload is a reloading technique that requires the player to press the "Reload" key at a specific time during a normal reload. A fast reload cuts reload time roughly in half.
- Press the "Reload" key once to start reloading your weapon, or empty your clip to trigger an automatic reload.
- Look at the reload bar that appears in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- When the moving line enters the colored area, press the "Reload" key again.
- You can add a reload bar under your character for enhanced visibility with the console command
- asw_fast_reload_under_marine 1
- Keep lag in mind, and press your Reload key a little early to ensure it triggers.
- Missing a fast reload causes your character to fumble, which increases total reload time. Since reloading slows down movement speed too, this can be fatal when under duress.
- Fast reloads unlock the following two Steam achievements:
- As the difficulty level increases, the colored area of the reload bar shrinks, making fast reloads harder to perform.